Cancers with microsatellite instability (MSI)
Coordinated by Pr. Alex Duval
Cancers with instability of DNA microsatellite repeat sequences (MSI) constitute a family of frequent tumors, associated with numerous localizations (colon, stomach, endometrium, pancreas, prostate, lung, breast, ovary, brain, etc.). The main objectives of this program, dedicated to MSI cancers of all locations, are:
- Understand the processes that underlie MSI tumor initiation and progression and shape the microenvironment of these cancers.
- To develop new diagnostic tools and therapeutic regimens adapted to their modern management by precision medicine in full emergence (immunotherapy, inhibitors of immune checkpoints).
Synthesis for the general public and news
Pembrolizumab in Colorectal Cancer – Stage IV MSI-H – KEYNOTE-164 (NCT02460198)
Phase II Open-Label Study of Pembrolizumab in Treatment-Refractory, Microsatellite Instability–High/Mismatch Repair–Deficient Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: KEYNOTE-164 Le DT, Kim TW, Van […]
Treatment of gastrointestinal MSI cancers by immuno-oncology
How to Improve the Results With IO Agents in MSI GI Cancer? https://oncologypro.esmo.org/content/download/231632/3918938/version/1/file/WORLDGI2019_76_andre.pdf
[ESMO 2019] Efficacy of PD-1 Inhibitors Confirmed in the Treatment of “MSI” Tumours
The pooled analysis of two studies, KEYNOTE-164 and KEYNOTE-168, in which Pr Thierry André, Head of the Digestive Oncology Department […]
- Consequences of the Hsp110DE9 mutation in tumorigenesis and the 5-fluorouracil-based chemotherapy response in Msh2-deficient mice. Noel et al. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2022 Jun.
- Neoadjuvant Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab and Adjuvant Nivolumab in Localized Deficient Mismatch Repair/Microsatellite Instability-High Gastric or Esophagogastric Junction Adenocarcinoma: The GERCOR NEONIPIGA Phase II Study. André et al. J Clin Oncol. 2022 Aug.
- Nivolumab plus low-dose ipilimumab in previously treated patients with microsatellite instability-high/mismatch repair-deficient metastatic colorectal cancer: 4-year follow-up from CheckMate 142. André et al. Ann Oncol. 2022 Jun.
- Performance of Next-Generation Sequencing for the Detection of Microsatellite Instability in Colorectal Cancer With Deficient DNA Mismatch Repair. Ratovomanana et al. Gastroenterology. 2021 Sep.
- Adrenal gland as a sanctuary site for immunotherapy in patients with microsatellite instability-high metastatic colorectal cancer. Cohen et al. J Immunother Cancer. 2021 Feb.
- Microsatellite Instability in Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer Receiving Fluoropyrimidine With or Without Oxaliplatin: An ACCENT Pooled Analysis of 12 Adjuvant Trials. Cohen et al. J Clin Oncol. 2021 Feb.
- Pseudoprogression in patients treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors for microsatellite instability-high/mismatch repair-deficient metastatic colorectal cancer. Colle et al. Eur J Cancer. 2021 Feb.
- KEYNOTE-177 Investigators. Pembrolizumab in Microsatellite-Instability-High Advanced Colorectal Cancer. André et al. N Engl J Med. 2020 Dec.
- Overcoming the challenges associated with universal screening for Lynch syndrome in colorectal and endometrial cancer. Benusiglio et al. Genet Med. 2020 Aug.
- Mechanisms and therapeutic implications of hypermutation in gliomas. Touat et al. Nature. 2020 Apr.
- Prognostic and predictive value of the Immunoscore in stage III colon cancer patients treated with oxaliplatin in the prospective IDEA France PRODIGE-GERCOR cohort study. Pagès et al. Ann Oncol. 2020 Jul.
- Phase II Open-Label Study of Pembrolizumab in Treatment-Refractory, Microsatellite Instability-High/Mismatch Repair-Deficient Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: KEYNOTE-164. Le et al. J Clin Oncol. 2020 Jan.
- RECIST and iRECIST criteria for the evaluation of nivolumab plus ipilimumab in patients with microsatellite instability-high/mismatch repair-deficient metastatic colorectal cancer: the GERCOR NIPICOL phase II study. Cohen et al. J Immunother Cancer. 2020 Nov.
- Low temperature isothermal amplification of microsatellites drastically reduces stutter artifact formation and improves microsatellite instability detection in cancer. Daunay et al. Nucleic Acids Res. 2019 Dec.
- Methylation Tolerance-Based Functional Assay to Assess Variants of Unknown Significance in the MLH1 and MSH2 Genes and Identify Patients With Lynch Syndrome. Bouvet et al. Gastroenterology. 2019 Aug.
- Primary Resistance to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer-Beyond the Misdiagnosis-In Reply. Cohen et al. JAMA Oncol. 2019 May.
- Prognosis of microsatellite instability and/or mismatch repair deficiency stage III colon cancer patients after disease recurrence following adjuvant treatment: results of an ACCENT pooled analysis of seven studies. Taieb et al. Ann Oncol. 2019 Sep.
- Association of Primary Resistance to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer With Misdiagnosis of Microsatellite Instability or Mismatch Repair Deficiency Status. Cohen et al. JAMA Oncol. 2019 Apr.
- MSI/MMR-deficient tumor diagnosis: Which standard for screening and for diagnosis? Diagnostic modalities for the colon and other sites: Differences between tumors. Svrcek et al. Bull Cancer. 2019 Feb.
- Association of Primary Resistance to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer With Misdiagnosis of Microsatellite Instability or Mismatch Repair Deficiency Status. Cohen et al. JAMA Oncol. 2019 Jan.
- Targeting nonsense-mediated mRNA decay in colorectal cancers with microsatellite instability. Bokhari et al. Oncogenesis. 2018 Sep.
- Identification of Positively and Negatively Selected Driver Gene Mutations Associated With Colorectal Cancer With Microsatellite Instability. Jonchere et al. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Jun.
- Prevalence of Microsatellite Instability in Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms of the Pancreas. Lupinacci et al. Gastroenterology. 2018 Mar.
- Durable Clinical Benefit With Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab in DNA Mismatch Repair-Deficient/Microsatellite Instability-High Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Overman et al. J Clin Oncol. 2018 Mar.
- The Balance Between Cytotoxic T-cell Lymphocytes and Immune Checkpoint Expression in the Prognosis of Colon Tumors. Marisa et al. JNCI 2018 Jan.
- The Role of Immunohistochemistry Markers in Endometrial Cancer with Mismatch Repair Deficiency: A Systematic Review. Favier et al. Cancers (Basel). 2022 Aug.
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibition in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Harboring Microsatellite Instability or Mismatch Repair Deficiency. Cohen et al. Cancers (Basel). 2021 Mar.
- Microsatellite instability and cancer: from genomic instability to personalized medicine. Collura et al. Med Sci (Paris). 2019 Jun-Jul.