Cancers with microsatellite instability (MSI)
Coordinated by Pr. Alex Duval
Cancers with instability of DNA microsatellite repeat sequences (MSI) constitute a family of frequent tumors, associated with numerous localizations (colon, stomach, endometrium, pancreas, prostate, lung, breast, ovary, brain, etc.). The main objectives of this program, dedicated to MSI cancers of all locations, are:
- Understand the processes that underlie MSI tumor initiation and progression and shape the microenvironment of these cancers.
- To develop new diagnostic tools and therapeutic regimens adapted to their modern management by precision medicine in full emergence (immunotherapy, inhibitors of immune checkpoints).
Synthesis for the general public
[ESMO 2019] Efficacy of PD-1 Inhibitors Confirmed in the Treatment of “MSI” Tumours
The pooled analysis of two studies, KEYNOTE-164 and KEYNOTE-168, in which Pr Thierry André, Head of the Digestive Oncology Department […]
Treatment of gastrointestinal MSI cancers by immuno-oncology
How to Improve the Results With IO Agents in MSI GI Cancer? https://oncologypro.esmo.org/content/download/231632/3918938/version/1/file/WORLDGI2019_76_andre.pdf
Pembrolizumab in Colorectal Cancer – Stage IV MSI-H – KEYNOTE-164 (NCT02460198)
Phase II Open-Label Study of Pembrolizumab in Treatment-Refractory, Microsatellite Instability–High/Mismatch Repair–Deficient Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: KEYNOTE-164 Le DT, Kim TW, Van […]
Genomic instability in MSI cancersA.COLLURA
- The Balance Between Cytotoxic T-cell Lymphocytes and Immune Checkpoint Expression in the Prognosis of Colon Tumors. Marisa et al. JNCI 2018 Jan.
- Identification of Positively and Negatively Selected Driver Gene Mutations Associated With Colorectal Cancer With Microsatellite Instability. Jonchere et al. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Jun.
Develop methods to improve MSI detectionM.SVRECK
- Prevalence of Microsatellite Instability in Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms of the Pancreas. Lupinacci et al. Gastroenterology. 2018 Mar.
- MSI/MMR-deficient tumor diagnosis: Which standard for screening and for diagnosis? Diagnostic modalities for the colon and other sites: Differences between tumors. Svrcek et al. Bull Cancer. 2019 Feb.
Improved immunotherapy treatments for MSI cancersA.DUVAL
- Targeting nonsense-mediated mRNA decay in colorectal cancers with microsatellite instability. Bokhari et al. Oncogenesis. 2018 Sep.
Modeling familial predisposition to cancer MSIF.COULET
- Durable Clinical Benefit With Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab in DNA Mismatch Repair-Deficient/Microsatellite Instability-High Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Overman et al. J Clin Oncol. 2018 Mar.
- Association of Primary Resistance to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer With Misdiagnosis of Microsatellite Instability or Mismatch Repair Deficiency Status. Cohen et al. JAMA Oncol. 2019 Jan.